On 22 June, 2018 from 12.01am to 11.59pm, natural spas and hot springs around the world are invited to share photos to Instagram and become part of a powerfully peaceful movement.
By joining in you will be supporting the Bathe the World Foundation with their petition to the United Nations to declare 22 June World Bathing Day, an event that will become an annual celebration of bathing in all cultures of the world.
On 22 June, 2018 celebrate the diverse rituals and cultural traditions associated with the act of bathing and cleansing, and share your photos to show a global movement around the world.
It’s long been believed that water encourages physical and emotional wellbeing. Across the world, and throughout history, water therapies and facilities have provided bathers with lasting physical and mental health benefits.
World Bathing Day Ambassador and co-founder of Peninsula Hot Springs, Charles Davidson said that the event would likely start with photos published from Samoa, then from other time zones around the world, and ideally ending with pictures in Cape Mulinu’u in Samoa, as it’s the westernmost point on the globe, and the last place in the world where the sun sets each day.
How to get involved
- World Bathing Day is 22 June, 2018, local time to wherever you are.
- Follow @worldbathingday on Instagram. Images from hot springs around the world will be shared here.
- Remember to use the hashtag #worldbathingday
- Businesses and guests are welcome to post
- Taking the photos – “One global community with different cultures and different landscapes.” Create a picture of people relaxing in hot springs as the sun rises and sets in your location. Be sure to capture the landscape in the background too.
- For more information, visit worldbathingday.org
- On 22 June, 2018 join the bathing movement by posting photos on social media with the hashtag #worldbathingday
- Follow @worldbathingday on Instagram