The Metropolitan Museum of Art will host the first Virtual Teens Take The Met!, which will be held online on Friday.
Teens will have the opportunity to digitally immerse themselves in hands-on experiences created by over 30 New York City cultural and community organisations and institutions who have partnered with The Met for this premiere day-long online festival.
Virtual Teens Take The Met! is free and will be accessible through via YouTube, Zoom, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok.
Register by 5 p.m. on Thursday 28 May to receive exclusive virtual content and information for Zoom parties. Virtual Teens Take The Met! is open to all teens aged 13–18. Visitors of all abilities are welcome to participate in any Museum program. For information about accessibility, programs, and services for visitors with disabilities at our three sites, visit metmuseum.org/access, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule for Virtual Teens Take The Met!
- Get things started with Met Teens / @metteens
- Step dance tutorial with Bard High School Early College / Hosted on @metteens
- Space tour with Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum / @intrepidmuseum
- Art tour and talk with New York City Writing Project / @nycwp
- Pandemic discussion with NYC Department of Youth and Community Development and My Brother’s and Sister’s Keeper Youth Council / @nycyouth
- Dance tutorial with Teens@Graham / Hosted on @metteens
- Collage and printmaking with El Museo del Barrio / @elmuseo
- Six-word memoir with Museum of Chinese in America / @mocanyc
- Teens Meme The Met / @metteens
- Imagine a World with No Longer Empty / @nolongerempty
- Bookish crafts and recs with Brooklyn Public Library / @bklynfuture
- Make paper beads with Met Teens / @metteens
- Digital zine making and the impact of COVID-19 on incarcerated youth with Art and Resistance Through Education (ARTE) / @artejustice
- Image-makers exhibition with International Center of Photography / @metteens
- COVID-19 resources and activities with Bronx Museum Teen Council / @bronxmuseum
- A.I. and music production with Latimer Heights / @metteens
- Journey of the egg and sperm game with Planned Parenthood / @nowuknowppgny
- Roots and routes art making with Wave Hill / @WaveHill
- #GiveWithHeart with 92Y Center for Arts Learning & Leadership / @92ndstreety
- Performance with ETHEL and Met Teens / @metteens
- “Moon Jar/Longing for Home” artist talk and art making with The Korea Society / @thekoreasociety
- Flower crowns with Met Teens / @metteens
- Zine making with New York Public Library / @nyplteens
- “What’s meaningful?” photography activity with Friends of the Highline / @highlineteens
- La Ventanita (“The Little Window”) art making with Queens Museum / @thequeensteens
- Dance party with DJ Synchro and Building Beats / @buildingbeats / Zoom
- Create a T-shirt tote with Met Teens / @metteens