The Age Music Victoria Awards celebrate 11 years this November, with a huge line up of Victoria’s biggest names set the perform live during Melbourne Music Week at 170 Russell on 16 November.
Once the Awards formalities are completed earlier in the evening, one large After Party co-presented by Triple R 102.7FM and PBS 106.7FM will open to the general public from 8.30pm.
In keeping with tradition, members of the RockWiz Band will reform as The EG AllStars, and be joined on stage by special guests Paul Dempsey, Gareth Liddiard, Kylie Auldist, REMI, Pierce Brothers, Alex Lahey, Gawurra and Freya Josephine Hollick, performing their best songs of the year.
Each year, a carefully selected panel of industry experts select the nominees for the Awards in categories that sweep across genres, venues and festivals.
In 2016, Music Victoria and The Age welcome iconic community broadcaster Triple R 102.7FM into The Age Music Victoria Hall of Fame. Celebrating their 40thbirthday, Triple R has shaped and inspired the culture of Melbourne since 1976, housing over 60 diverse programs with over 440,000 listeners every week.
The Age Music Victoria Awards 2016
– THE AFTER PARTY –
- Melbourne Ska Orchestra
- Camp Cope
- Tash Sultana
plus The EG All Stars joined by guest singers
- Paul Dempsey
- Gareth Liddiard (The Drones)
- Kylie Auldist
- Pierce Brothers
- Alex Lahey
- Freya Josephine Hollick
Need to know:
- Wednesday 16 November 2016
- 170 Russell St, Melbourne
- Doors open 8.30pm
- The nominees are announced on 7 October, and voting is live on The Age website between 7 October to 4 November 2016. More info via musicvictoria.com.au
- Limited tickets on sale now via www.170russell.com or phone 1300 724 867
- $5 from every ticket sold will be donated to charity partner Support Act Limited, which has received almost $50,000 from the event over the last ten years.