To celebrate the release of their highly anticipated debut album, ‘When The Storms Would Come’, Aussie indie rockers Holy Holy will hit the road on an extensive national tour starting next month.
Kicking off at the Darwin Festival on August 13, the tour will venture on to Bunbury, Perth, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Launceston, Hobart, Adelaide, Geelong, Ballarat, Melbourne, Thirroul, Newcastle and Canberra, with a final show in Sydney set for September 19.
Since their debut in 2013 the group have honed a nostalgic sound and style they are proud of. And now that their debut album is complete they’re excited about playing some homecoming headliners.
Watch the video for Sentimental and Monday. Released TODAY.
Holy Holy have only recently returned from their first ever European tour, wowing audiences at iconic festivals such as The Great Escape, Liverpool Sound City, Dot To Dot, London Calling and Primavera.
“We hit the autobahns and motorways with our sat nav and spliDer van and had an awesome time playing so many amazing festivals,” guitarist Oscar Dawson enthuses. “The highlight was hiFng Barcelona at the end of the tour where we played Primavera Sound. Playing to a Spanish crowd, looking out across the Mediterranean as the sun went down, what an experience, we can’t wait to get back there!”
With classic songs, huge supports, extensive radio play, an overwhelmingly positive response from press both here and overseas, sold-out headline shows and international gigs under their belts, Holy Holy have already achieved so much. And now their debut full‐length album is finally here and it is vaster and wilder than anything they’ve released to date. Recorded in Brisbane with Ma Redlich (Emma Louise, Ball Park Music, The Trouble With Templeton),
The album unveils the band pushing in to new sonic territory with daring & classic guitars, driving rhythms and even bigger vocals.
Holy Holy is fronted by the songwriting team, vocalist/composer Timothy Carroll and guitarist/composer Oscar Dawson. They are joined on the road by permanent drummer Ryan Strathie (Hungry Kids Of Hungary, Andy Bull), touring bassist Graham Ritchie (Airling, Emma Louise), and Brisbane-based producer Ma Redlich as their touring keys player. Joining them for a large part of the tour will be Melbourne band, Fractures. Other supports include Methyl Ethel and Violet Swells.
See HOLY HOLY on Tour:
- THU 13 AUG | DARWIN FESTIVAL, DARWIN NT (ALL AGES)
- FRI 14 AUG | PRINCE OF WALES, BUNBURY WA
- SAT 15 AUG | AMPLIFIER, PERTH WA
- SUN 16 AUG | NEWPORT HOTEL, FREMANTLE WA
- FRI 21 AUG | ELSEWHERE, GOLD COAST QLD
- SAT 22 AUG | THE ZOO, BRISBANE QLD
- THU 27 AUG | FRESH ON CHARLES, LAUNCESTON TAS
- FRI 28 AUG | THE REPUBLIC BAR, HOBART TAS
- SAT 29 AUG | JIVE, ADELAIDE SA
- THU 03 SEP | WORKERS CLUB, GEELONG VIC
- FRI 04 SEP | KAROVA LOUNGE, BALLARAT VIC
- SAT 05 SEP | HOWLER, MELBOURNE VIC
- SUN 06 SEP | HOWLER, MELBOURNE VIC
- FRI 11 SEP | ANITA’S THEATRE, THIRROUL NSW
- SAT 12 SEP | LIZOTTES, NEWCASTLE NSW
- FRI 18 SEP | TRANSIT BAR, CANBERRA ACT
- SAT 19 SEP | OXFORD ART FACTORY, SYDNEY NSW
- Facebook: facebook.com/holyholymusic
- Twitter & Instagram: @holyholymusic