Lately I’ve spent so much time consumed with fashion, that it may have come across like I’d forgotten about music. But, it’s always about the music. Sometimes when we walk the streets, we can hear the Bee Gees with each step, or is that just me? Anyway, at times when I have been cast aside in the cut-throat world of fashion, it’s welcome relief to find an inbox full of new music to get lost in.
SAFIA: Make Them Wheels Roll
- Saturday 23rd April // Maitland Showground – Maitland NSW
- Sunday 24th April // University of Canberra – Canberra ACT
- Monday 25th April (Anzac Day) // Oakbank Racecourse – Oakbank SA
- Saturday 30th April // Bendigo’s Prince of Wales Showground – Bendigo VIC
- Sunday 1st May (QLD Long Weekend) // Townsville Cricket Grounds – Townsville QLD
- Saturday 7th May // Hay Park – Bunbury WA
- Friday 6 May // Fremantle WA
- Friday 13 May // Brisbane QLD
- Friday 27 May // Sydney NSW
- Friday 3 June // Melbourne VIC
Ivy: Leave Your Man at Home
Three piece band Ivy (pictured at top) are from the Central Coast of NSW. Brothers Steve and Benny Pokrajac make up the rhythm section, while Kane Brown is let loose screeching tones of raucous blues.
Chris Cohen: Torrey Pine
Chris Cohen‘s sophomore album As If Apart will be released on 6 May. Torrey Pine is the first song to be released from the new material.
His sound is described as ‘soft psych garden of unearthly alter-pop earworms and studio-sonic delights’ and listening to Torrey Pine, it’s easy to appreciate this, and want to hear more.
HAELOS: Separate Lives
The video for Separate Lives was made entirely by the band and filmed during their first west coast tour, and it gives insight into HÆLOS’ Lotti Benardout, Arthur Delaney and Dom Goldsmith’s lives on the road.
As described by the band,
‘Separate Lives was one of the last songs we wrote for the record. We wanted it to be a nod towards some of our more gospel and Delta blues influences. It’s a reflection on the moment when you are choosing between staying or leaving and the underlying love that keeps you there. We liked that, it was simple and human and something we could all share experience in.’
The debut album Full Circle is out on 18 March.
UV BOI فوق بنفسجي: Show You feat. MTNS
Brisbane-based producer UV Boi has shared his latest single Show You ft. MTNS, the second cut off debut EP「L-UV」, out on March 18. In support of his debut EP, UV Boi will be embarking on a national tour this April, accompanied by special guests Collarbones, Gill Bates and Villette.
UV BOI’s debut EP「L-UV」is about finding love in an online world, along with relationship motions and phases.
- Sat 9 Apr | Jack Rabbit Slims – Perth, WA* Tickets available via door
- Fri 15 Apr | Northcote Social Club – Mel, VIC* Tickets available via door
- Sat 16 Apr | Fat Controller – Ade, SA* Tickets available via Moshtix
- Sat 23 Apr | Woolly Mammoth, Bris – QLD Tickets available via door
- Fri 29 Apr | Transit Bar, Canberra – ACT Tickets available via Moshtix
- Sat 30 Apr | Oxford Art Factory, Syd – NSW Tickets available via Moshtix
- Sat 7 May | Flinders Social, Townsville – QLD**
Modern Baseball: Apple Cider, I Don’t Mind
Modern Baseball are a Philadelphia indie punk quartet. The single Apple Cider, I Don’t Mind is lifted from their third LP Holy Ghost, which is due for release on 13 May.
Tickets for Modern Baseball’s upcoming Australian tour in April are flying out the door. Check their Facebook page for info.