Need some uptempo good to march you through the week? We’ve got this. Most exciting for us is the release of Clairy Browne’s solo album ‘Pool’ on Friday, and news of so many great tours, including Groovin the Moo Festival and the lineup announcement for Splendour in the Grass on Wednesday (which had better include Miike Snow, BTW).
Clairy Browne: Love Song to The World
Love Song To The World is the latest single from Clairy Browne‘s debut solo album, Pool, which is officially released on April 15.
‘This is a song for everyone, for all genders and races to revel in the right to love whomever they want.’
The Australian singer (pictured at top, photo by John Tsiavis) describes Love Song To The World as ‘a universal anthem celebrating all the lovers out there…holding up all the diverse beauty of humanity in every shape and form for us to adore. This is a song for everyone, for all genders and races to revel in the right to love whomever they want.’ Clairy has also said that the more she listens to and sings this song, the more it is stuck in her heart. Actually the more you hear it, the more your mood improves, for sure. It’s hard not to get caught up in the 90s RnB ness of it all, really. If you like that sort of thing (which I DO).
Read The Garb Wire’s interview with Clairy here.
MS MR: Wrong Victory
New York- and LA-based duo MS MR are preparing for their return to Australia in April/ May for a headline tour and Groovin the Moo dates. We’re loving this mesmerizing new music video for Wrong Victory, the latest song from their How Does It Feel album.
The video shows a rotating Lizzy Plapinger (MS) and Max Hershenow (MR), concealed under numerous layers of costumes and makeup, which they peel off as the song progresses, until at last, their true identities are revealed. It was directed by Mafalda Millies. Of the video, MS MR says,
‘We’ve been dreaming of this video ever since we finished writing ‘Wrong Victory’. The heart of the song is about the struggle and tension in attempting to escape yourself in order to find your truest self. We wanted to linger on the lyric “When your skin doesn’t feel like home” and use it as an opportunity to literally and figuratively explore the masks we wear and the layers we hide behind until we’re left to our most raw form.’
MS MR On Tour:
- 23 April | Groovin the Moo, Maitland NSW
- 24 April | Groovin the Moo, Canberra ACT
- 25 April | Groovin the Moo, Oakbank SA
- 28 April | Metro Theatre, Sydney NSW
- 29 April | Prince Bandroom, St. Kilda VIC
- 30 April | Groovin the Moo, Bendigo VIC
- 1 May | Groovin the Moo, Annandale NSW
- 3 May | The Triffid, Brisbane QLD
- 5 May | The Rosemount Hotel, Perth WA
- 7 May | Groovin the Moo, Bunbury WA
UV boi فوق بنفسجي – Show You (ft. MTNS)
- Fri 15 April | Northcote Social Club, Melbourne VIC* BUY TICKETS
- Sat 16 April | Fat Controller, Adelaide SA* BUY TICKETS
- Sat 23 April | Woolly Mammoth, Brisbane QLD BUY TICKETS
- Fri 29 April | Transit Bar, Canberra ACT BUY TICKETS
- Sat 30 April | Oxford Art Factory, Sydney NSW BUY TICKETS
- Sat 7 May | Flinders Social, Townsville QLD** BUY TICKETS
Puff Daddy & The Family: You Could Be My Lover ft. Ty Dolla $ign, Gizzle SONY
You Could Be My Lover’ ft. Ty Dolla $ign, Gizzle is the latest track from Puff Daddy & The Family’s sonic motion picture ‘MMM’. If you’re at work, turn it down at the start, or play from 40 seconds in – it has quite the introduction.
What So Not & Ganz: Lone feat. Joy.
Sat 23 April | Maitland Showground, Maitland NSW – SOLD OUT
- Sun 24 April | University of Canberra, Canberra ACT
- Mon 25 April (Anzac Day) | Oakbank Racecourse, Oakbank SA
Sat 30 April | Bendigo’s Prince of Wales Showground, Bendigo VIC – SOLD OUT
- Sun 1 May (QLD Long Weekend) | Townsville Cricket Grounds, Townsville QLD
- Sat 7 May | Hay Park, Bunbury WA
Motez: The Vibe feat. Scrufizzer
The Vibe is Adelaide producer Motez’s title track from his forthcoming EP of the same name. It features West London MC Scrufizzer, who has previously teamed up with the likes of Dizzee Rascal, Danny Brown and Skream. In support of The Vibe EP release on 22 April, Motez will embark on a May headline tour of Australian and NZ. Tickets on sale now.
The Vibe EP Tour Dates
- Fri 6 May | Fat Controller, Adelaide SA BUY TICKETS
- Sat 7 May | Oxford Art Factory, Sydney NSW BUY TICKETS
- Fri 13 May | 1885, Auckland NEW ZEALAND BUY TICKETS
- Fri 20 May | Old Mates, Melbourne VIC BUY TICKETS
- Sat 21 May | Oh Hello, Brisbane QLD BUY TICKETS
- Fri 27 May | Mr Wolf, Canberra ACT BUY TICKETS
- Sat 28 May | The Argyle House, Newcastle NSW BUY TICKETS
- Fri 3 June | Jack Rabbit Slims, Perth WA BUY TICKETS
Mike Simonetti: Release Your Body To The Best / Slave
I haven’t been to a bonafide ‘nightclub’ for ages, but apparently it’s rare to hear an acid track with vocals these days. It is possible to still enjoy the music, without having to stand in queues in the middle of the night (as I’ve discovered). New Jersey based producer Mike Simonetti, makes it easy.
On this double, Santana of French group Claap! features as guest vocalist, coaxing the listener “come to me” on minimal acid tweaker ‘Release,’ and on ‘Slave’ floating above an intensely hypnotic rhythm in francophone whisperings.
The two releases are also accompanied by a Claap! remix of ‘Slave,’ taking the track into brooding and percussive new territory, and satisfying any sudden urges for an at-home catwalk challenge.
The Hiding: Karma My Life
Melbourne indie electro-pop act The Hiding released their new single, Karma My Life late last week. The song was inspired by the true life experience of lead singer Anthony Salce, and visually interpreted by masterful Italian sand artist, Fatmir Mura. It fuses Fatmir’s signature live, hand-crafted sand images to artistically tell the story behind Karma My Life. The song was produced by Ryan Ritchie
The Hiding is Anthony Salce (vocals, guitar, synths), Ryan Di Cecco (bass), Tom Moore (drums), Stewart Winchester (guest lead vocals) and Chris Salce (keys).
The Hiding Vic Show Dates
- Fri 29 April | Rifle Brigade Hotel, Bendigo VIC 18+ | Tickets avail at the door
- Fri 6 May | Mynt Lounge, Werribee VIC 18+ | Tickets avail at the door
- Sat 21 May | Revolver, Melbourne VIC 18+ | Tickets available at the door
Tickets to all shows are on sale HERE