Australian songwriter Shelley Segal is moving to Los Angeles. But first she’ll share a stage with Johnny Depp and members of the Wu Tang Clan at the 2016 Reason Rally in Washington DC.
Segal will be joined by Tower of Power alumni and musical director of Joe Cocker’s band, Nick Milo, and one of Australia’s most prominent bass players, Rod Bustos. The Reason Rally, described as ‘the largest gathering of freethinkers in the U.S.’, is a renowned secularism event that attracts around 50,000 attendees each year.
Post rally in June, Shelley will go on to play a string of shows along the west coast, including a performance at the iconic Hotel Café in LA (June 10), and the Sunday Assembly gathering (June 19).
After touring the United States nine times since 2012, the singer is excited to move there permanently.
‘I have been building my fanbase all over the US – across 25 states and am excited to now be based there and to be closer to my fans,” says Segal. “I have also opened my record label, True Music in the US and am also excited to be moving over there to create more opportunities for the label and its artists.’
Topping off her farewell shows in Melbourne and Sydney at the weekend, the spirited performer has announced her new deal with Los Angeles-based independent publishing house, 411 Music Group, who have existing syncs with TV programs featured on Netflix, HBO, MTV and many others. Go Shelley.
Shelley Segal US Show Dates
- SAT 04 JUN | REASON RALLY, WASHINGTON DC | ALL AGES Free Event | VIP Tickets here
- SAT 04 JUN | REASON RALLY AFTERPARTY, WASHINGTON | 18+ Tickets here
- SUN 05 JUN | REASON RALLY MINI CONVENTION, WASHINGTON DC | ALL AGES Tickets here
- FRI 10 JUN | HOTEL CAFE, LOS ANGELES | 18+ Tickets here
- SUN 19 JUN | SUNDAY ASSEMBLY, LOS ANGELES | ALL AGES Free Event | Info here
- TUE 28 JUN | THE TRIPLE DOOR, SEATTLE | 18+ Tickets here
- FRI 08 JUL | COLUMBIA CITY THEATRE, SEATTLE | 18+ Tickets here