From 5 November, ACMI Cinemas in association with Palace Cinemas will present a special film season dedicated to the directorial panache of Franco-Polish director, Roman Polanski.
The ROMAN: 10 X Polanski program will screen ten films drawn from Polanski’s vast filmography including Knife in the Water, The Ghost Writer, Rosemary’s Baby, Chinatown , The Tenant, Frantic and Bitter Moon.
Marina Zenovich’s feature-length documentary, Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired, will also screen alongside.
“Lauded by the Museum of Modern Art in New York as ‘one of the great modern masters of the cinema’ Roman Polanski has over the course of five decades refined a formal film language and expressed a mordantly ironic worldview in genre-defining films that are provocative, compelling and inventive,” – Roberta Ciabarra, ACMI Film Programmer & curator of the season.
Starting at Melbourne’s ACMI Cinemas on 5 November, ROMAN: 10 X Polanski will travel to Canberra, Sydney and Brisbane, screening at Palace Cinemas until 7 December.
- ACMI Cinemas, Melbourne – 5-20 November 2016
- Tickets and Information: acmi.net.au/polanski
- Palace Electric, Canberra – 24-30 November 2016
- Chauvel Cinema, Sydney – 1-7 December 2016
- Palace Centro, Brisbane – 1-7 December 2016
- Tickets and Information: palacecinemas.com.au/events/roman-polanski
Pictured at top: Production still from Rosemary’s Baby.