The MetLiveArts series at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York is a contemporary performance and talks platform that enhances the experience of the Museum’s exhibitions. Within gallery spaces artists, performers, curators, and thought leaders are invited to collaborate within the hallowed halls of The Met. In October, creative director at Balmain, Olivier Rousteing joins Alina Cho on The Atelier.
Now in its third season, The Atelier presents a space where the likes of Alber Elbaz, Diane von Furstenberg, Donatella Versace, Alexander Wang and Anna Wintour share their views on the fashion industry, art and personal experiences with Alina Cho.
On Tuesday 18 October, Olivier Rousteing will take to the stage as Cho’s special guest in the Grace Rainey Rogers Auditorium. Together they’ll discuss how Rousteing revived the Balmain brand, calling upon the house’s tradition of artisanal exellence and luxury while creating a more modern silhouette for Balmain’s devoted young ‘army’.
In 2011 at age 25, Olivier Rousteing was selected to head Balmain’s design team, making him one of the youngest people in history to lead a French fashion house.
Watch the Balmain Spring Summer 2017 runway show here:
- Tickets: from USD$40. Tickets include admission to the Museum on day of performance.
- Date: Tuesday 18 October, 2016
- Time: 6.30pm
- For more information, click here or call 212-570-3949
- For online tickets and additional info, click here or call 212-570-3949.
- Tickets are also available at the Great Hall Box Office (open Mon-Sat (TGW editor note: avoid queues in America, pre-purchase your tickets, friends)